Community Animal Welfare Society has created this statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site: Community Animal Welfare Society.
Information Automatically Logged
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. This assists us in determining (geographically) where our visitors are located.
Our site's adoption application form (the address is available by E-mail request only) requires users to give us contact information (such as their name, E-mail, and postal address) This information is not used or disseminated for any purpose other than the adoption process.
This site contains links to other sites. Community Animal Welfare Society is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites.
- We do NOT collect, use, or distribute to third parties personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent.
- We do NOT give any person, child or adult, access via our web site to unmonitored chat rooms, message boards, E-mail accounts, or other services that would give the child or adult the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information
- When verifiable parental consent is not received, we will only use the online contact information (such as E-mail) to:
- Respond directly to the child's request on a one-time basis and not use that information to re-contact the child for other purposes.
- Request the name or online contact information of a parent for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification if a child requests information about participating in a CAWS activity, such as volunteering. We will use our best efforts to provide parental notification, which will include the nature and intended use as well as an opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information and participation in the activity.
- Respond more than once directly to a specific request from a child and not used to re-contact the child for other purposes.
- We do NOT entice or encourage any child or adult to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity or service we may offer.
- We will provide the parent a description of the specific types of a personally identifiable information collected from a child upon request. We will allow the parent to refuse further use or future online collection of personally identifiable information and provide a way for a parent to obtain any personally identifiable information collected from a child.
- We do NOT provide any links to Web sites that are unsuitable for children.
- We will encourage children to get their parent's permission before sharing personal information online.
To change information you have previously provided, you can send E-mail to email@example.com.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
E-mail Newsletter Privacy
Privacy information on our E-mail Newsletter can be found here.